In this episode, Julieanna Hever joins us as we bust the myths of a plant-based diet and the life-changing effects it has on your health. She sheds some light on the differences between vegan and plant-based and what you need to do to get started today. Even if you’re a little plant curious, this episode is for you.
Learn More About Julieanna:
There is nothing Julieanna loves more than diving into a colossal bowl of salad. Known as The Plant-Based Dietitian, Julieanna has a Bachelor of Arts degree in Theatre from UCLA in and a Master of Science degree in Nutrition from Cal State Northridge, bridging her three biggest passions for food, performing, and helping people.
As a Registered Dietitian, Julieanna has authored six books, including The Healthspan Solution, Plant-Based Nutrition (Idiots Guide), Vegiterranean Diet, and two peer-reviewed journal articles on plant-based nutrition for healthcare professionals (in Journal of Geriatric Cardiology and Permanente Journal).
Julieanna is the host of The Choose You Now Podcast and her new book, The Choose You Now Diet. Past projects have included being the host of What Would Julieanna Do?; giving a TEDx talk; writing as the nutrition columnist for VegNews Magazine; and teaching the eCornell Plant-Based Nutrition Certification Program.
- [01:23] Meet Julieanna and how she got started in plant-based nutrition
- [04:11] The 7th book Julieanna has written in 10 years and why she is using it to empower others
- [05:31] The 1st step to take if you’ve wanted to start a plant-based diet
- [06:37] Can veganism really reverse chronic health conditions?
- [07:52] What Cristie’s experience was like going vegan for 3 months
- [10:40] Why vegan doesn’t always mean “healthy”
- [11:48] Vegan vs. Plant-based. What’s the difference?
- [15:43] Where to start and the resources you can use to start a plant-based diet today
- [21:51] How going plant-based doesn’t have to break the bank
- [24:12] This is the healthiest way to lose weight
- [27:18] How to get your kids into a good, healthy eating habit
- [30:56] 3 tips if you’re plant-curious and want to start your plant-based journey
Resources Mentioned in This Episode:
- Connect with Julieanna on her website or follow her on Instagram!
- Check out Julieanna’s 7th book, The Choose You Now Diet
- Tune into the Choose You Now Podcast with Julieanna Hever
- We’d love to hear from you! Send us a message on Instagram or Facebook.
- Do you want your next vacation to be in luxury? Book your exclusive retreat here.
Thanks for Listening!
Thanks so much for listening to our podcast! If you enjoyed this episode and think that others could benefit from listening, please share it using the social media buttons on this page.
Do you have some feedback or questions about this episode? Leave a comment in the section below!
Subscribe to the Podcast:
If you would like to get automatic updates of new podcast episodes, you can subscribe to the podcast on iTunes or Stitcher. You can also subscribe from the podcast app on your mobile device.
Leave Us an iTunes Review:
Ratings and reviews from our listeners are extremely valuable to us and greatly appreciated. They help our podcast rank higher on iTunes, which exposes our show to more awesome listeners like you. If you have a minute, please leave an honest review on iTunes.