In this episode, we talk with Katy Wells about how decluttering your home can help you live your best life. Katy shares some actionable steps on how to clear the clutter, where you can start if it’s too overwhelming, and how to decide what to keep and what to ditch.
Learn More About Katy:
Katy Wells is a declutter expert and inspires families around the world to declutter and simplify so they can live to their fullest potential. Her teachings and programs have transformed the lives of hundreds of thousands of people, allowing them to live their happiest and most intentional life and focus on what matters most.
- [01:37] Meet Katy as she shares how she started in this industry and the traumatic event that she says was the catalyst in her decluttering journey
- [05:16] How to find calmness and empowerment in the chaos of clutter
- [06:34] What does it mean to be a “minimalist” and can you actually incorporate it into your life?
- [09:25] Advice for those who have an overwhelming amount of clutter that they have no use for
- [11:54] How to determine what you keep vs. what you don’t keep in your home
- [14:39] How to request “no toys please” when you have children and what to do instead
- [18:13] Where to start decluttering if you don’t know how
- [23:34] What is the difference between clutter vs. expected mess?
- [27:30] How to approach decluttering with objectivity and not shame
Resources Mentioned in This Episode:
- Learn more about Katy by visiting her website.
- Join The Clutter Crusher 14-Day Challenge here.
- You can also connect with Katy on Instagram and Facebook or tune into her podcast, The Maximized Minimalist.
- We’d love to hear from you! Send us a message on Instagram or Facebook.
- Do you want your next vacation to be in luxury? Book your exclusive retreat here.
Thanks for Listening!
Thanks so much for listening to our podcast! If you enjoyed this episode and think that others could benefit from listening, please share it using the social media buttons on this page.
Do you have some feedback or questions about this episode? Leave a comment in the section below!
Subscribe to the Podcast:
If you would like to get automatic updates of new podcast episodes, you can subscribe to the podcast on iTunes or Stitcher. You can also subscribe from the podcast app on your mobile device.
Leave Us an iTunes Review:
Ratings and reviews from our listeners are extremely valuable to us and greatly appreciated. They help our podcast rank higher on iTunes, which exposes our show to more awesome listeners like you. If you have a minute, please leave an honest review on iTunes.