We sit down with Staci Swiderski, the CEO, and owner of Family Source Consultants in Part 1 of this 2-Part series. Staci shares with us the miracle of parenting through surrogacy and how the process works for the surrogate as well as how families can become parents through the surrogate process.
Learn More About Staci:
Staci Swiderski, CEO, and owner of Family Source Consultants has been involved in the field of reproductive medicine since 2002. Staci has vigorously grown the comprehensive egg donation and gestational surrogacy agency to become a worldwide leader in the third-party reproduction field. Staci is a former intended parent herself. She and her husband welcomed their son via gestational surrogacy in 2005. Additionally, Staci had the experience of assisting an infertile couple (AKA Recipient Parents) build their family through her efforts as an egg donor, with her donation resulting in the births of their son and daughter.
- [01:21] Meet Staci and how she became involved in surrogacy after her experience with infertility
- [03:53] The statistics behind how many families struggle to have kids
- [05:00] The necessary criteria you need to meet in order to become a surrogate
- [06:47] Why location is so important when becoming a surrogate
- [08:07] What to expect when you commit to becoming a surrogate
- [12:31] Surrogate rights when in the workplace
- [15:23] The average wait time for families looking to match with a surrogate through Family Source Consultants
- [16:12] How to determine if a family and a surrogate are the right match
- [17:40] The complexities of international surrogacy
- [18:53] 1st step to take if you’re thinking about surrogacy
- [21:33] What the experience is like for the family when the surrogate has doctor appointments, lives in a different state or country, etc.
- [23:47] Does the surrogate form a bond with the baby they are carrying?
- [25:11] How much does a surrogate cost?
Resources Mentioned in This Episode:
- To learn more about surrogacy or Family Source Consultants, visit their website or send them an email here.
- You can also connect with Staci on Instagram and Facebook.
- We’d love to hear from you! Send us a message on Instagram or Facebook.
- Do you want your next vacation to be in luxury? Book your exclusive retreat here.
Thanks for Listening!
Thanks so much for listening to our podcast! If you enjoyed this episode and think that others could benefit from listening, please share it using the social media buttons on this page.
Do you have some feedback or questions about this episode? Leave a comment in the section below!
Subscribe to the Podcast:
If you would like to get automatic updates of new podcast episodes, you can subscribe to the podcast on iTunes or Stitcher. You can also subscribe from the podcast app on your mobile device.
Leave Us an iTunes Review:
Ratings and reviews from our listeners are extremely valuable to us and greatly appreciated. They help our podcast rank higher on iTunes, which exposes our show to more awesome listeners like you. If you have a minute, please leave an honest review on iTunes.