In this episode, Cristie and DeAnna talk about their aging parents, how it has shown up in their life recently, what their advice is on how to prepare yourself, and the conversations to have with your parents early on.
- [02:41] Where to start when you’re in the season of taking care of your aging parents
- [05:32] How to approach the difficult conversation with your parents when discussing future plans among siblings and beneficiaries
- [06:30] The creative way DeAnna made sure she’d carry out her mom’s wishes
- [07:56] What to do when your parents’ health starts to deteriorate and how to plan for that
- [11:21] How to shift from navigating their wishes to parenting your parents
- [14:08] Finding the right time to intervene and set expectations with loved ones
- [19:39] Resources to help you navigate the season of aging parents
- [21:04] Cristie’s best advice for caring for your parents and their long-term living
- [22:05] DeAnna’s advice on the must-have conversation to have with your family
Resources Mentioned in This Episode:
- Websites to check out: Medicare, Medicaid, USAging.org, seniorlifestyle.com
- Check out the Eldercare Planner by Joy Louerde here.
- Tune into these podcasts: Aging Life with Nancy Oriola and The Tuesdays People Podcast with Mitch Album
- You can also snag the book, Caring For Your Aging Parents: The Complete Family Guide
- Are video podcasts more your style? Subscribe to our YouTube channel!
- We’d love to hear from you! Send us a message on Instagram or Facebook.
Thanks for Listening!
Thanks so much for listening to our podcast! If you enjoyed this episode and think that others could benefit from listening, please share it using the social media buttons on this page.
Do you have some feedback or questions about this episode? Leave a comment in the section below!
Subscribe to the Podcast:
If you would like to get automatic updates of new podcast episodes, you can subscribe to the podcast on iTunes or Stitcher. You can also subscribe from the podcast app on your mobile device.
Leave Us an iTunes Review:
Ratings and reviews from our listeners are extremely valuable to us and greatly appreciated. They help our podcast rank higher on iTunes, which exposes our show to more awesome listeners like you. If you have a minute, please leave an honest review on iTunes.