In this episode, Cristie and DeAnna are wrapping up Season 2 with a book review of Brené Brown’s, Atlas of the Heart. They share their biggest takeaways, what resonated most, and how they’re incorporating new elements into their own lives. The theme of this season has been the New You in ’22, and this book is the perfect addition.
- [03:59] Who is Brené Brown?
- [05:36] Why this book is so powerful to read
- [07:59] Chapter 1: Places We Go When Things Are Uncertain or Too Much
- [08:35] Chapter 2: Places We Go When We Compare – what hit home for Cristie and DeAnna
- [10:21] Chapter 6: Places We Go When We’re Hurting – Grief vs. Anguish
- [13:30] Chapter 5: Places We Go When Things Aren’t What They Seem – Irony vs. Sarcasm
- [16:01] Thoughts on resentment and why it resonates most with DeAnna
- [17:26] The ideal audience for this book
- [18:46] Understanding your emotions and how it affects your mental health
- [21:35] DeAnna’s biggest takeaway from this book
Resources Mentioned in This Episode:
- Purchase your copy of Atlas of the Heart here.
- Check out Brené Brown’s podcasts: Dare to Lead and Unlocking Us.
- Are video podcasts more your style? Subscribe to our YouTube channel!
- We’d love to hear from you! Send us a message on Instagram or Facebook.
- Do you want your next vacation to be in luxury? Book your exclusive retreat here.
Thanks for Listening!
Thanks so much for listening to our podcast! If you enjoyed this episode and think that others could benefit from listening, please share it using the social media buttons on this page.
Do you have some feedback or questions about this episode? Leave a comment in the section below!
Subscribe to the Podcast:
If you would like to get automatic updates of new podcast episodes, you can subscribe to the podcast on iTunes or Stitcher. You can also subscribe from the podcast app on your mobile device.
Leave Us an iTunes Review:
Ratings and reviews from our listeners are extremely valuable to us and greatly appreciated. They help our podcast rank higher on iTunes, which exposes our show to more awesome listeners like you. If you have a minute, please leave an honest review on iTunes.