In this episode, Cristie and DeAnna get vulnerable as they share their personal experiences with shame and how it has shown up in their own lives. They talk about it as a catalyst for change in future generations and the ripple effect it has when you recognize shame coming up for you. Cristie and DeAnna don’t hold back as they talk about where shame comes from, why it’s so important to talk about it, and how to work through it.
- [03:38] – How shame showed up for Cristie & when she started to recognize it in her life
- [04:46] – Taking ownership of your emotions in order to let go
- [05:52] – The key to deeper connections
- [06:58] – Mom shaming & social media
- [08:14] – DeAnna shares her experience with shame showing up in her life
- [10:00] – The power of friendships
- [11:08] – Shame vs. Guilt: what’s the difference?
- [13:18] – Why understanding the shame showing up in your life can affect future generations
- [15:50] – How to identify “shame”
- [16:56] – 4 elements of shame resilience
Resources Mentioned in This Episode:
- Episode 56 – Atlas of the Heart – Book Review
- Check out the books, Atlast of the Heart and Daring Greatly by Brene Brown
- Are video podcasts more your style? Subscribe to our YouTube channel!
- We’d love to hear from you! Send us a message on Instagram or Facebook.
- Do you want your next vacation to be in luxury? Book your exclusive retreat here.
Thanks for Listening!
Thanks so much for listening to our podcast! If you enjoyed this episode and think that others could benefit from listening, please share it using the social media buttons on this page.
Do you have some feedback or questions about this episode? Leave a comment in the section below!
Subscribe to the Podcast:
If you would like to get automatic updates of new podcast episodes, you can subscribe to the podcast on iTunes or Stitcher. You can also subscribe from the podcast app on your mobile device.
Leave Us an iTunes Review:
Ratings and reviews from our listeners are extremely valuable to us and greatly appreciated. They help our podcast rank higher on iTunes, which exposes our show to more awesome listeners like you. If you have a minute, please leave an honest review on iTunes.