In this episode, Cristie and DeAnna sit down with their podcast manager, Alexis Archuleta to talk about what it takes to start a podcast. Alexis works behind the scenes of Pieces of a Woman. From editing the episodes to writing show notes, she helps guide Cristie and DeAnna along the way, keeping them organized and on track each month. They talk about the benefits of outsourcing and what you need to get started.
Learn More About Alexis:
Alexis is a former TV News Producer turned Podcast Manager. She started her online business as a way to incorporate her love of travel into her life. Now, going on 4 years, Alexis helps business owners and passionate hobbyists level up their podcast visibility with professional audio and video. She offers launch and ongoing management services and continues to provide value to her clients while also giving them their time back so they can focus on what they do best.
Alexis is based in Austin, Texas but you’ll usually find her on a plane traveling to another country, exploring new places, and eating the local foods.
- [01:42] – Cristie & DeAnna talk about the beginning of their podcast
- [02:36] – DeAnna shares recent podcast stats
- [03:13] – Why you should choose podcasting too
- [04:02] – Meet Alexis & how she got started as a Podcast Manager
- [06:42] – Where to start if a podcast is on your bucket list
- [10:41] – What you need to launch a podcast
- [13:47] – The benefits of having a podcast manager
- [15:38] – Podcast editor vs. Podcast manager
- [18:30] – What platform should you use?
- [19:09] – Is there too much competition?
- [20:00] – Client success story and how their podcast changed their business
- [24:46] – This is for you if you’re ready to outsource but not sure how
Resources Mentioned in This Episode:
- For specific gear & equipment recommendations, download the Pod Launch Checklist Freebie here.
- To learn more about Alexis’s services, check out her website.
- You can also connect with Alexis on YouTube or Instagram.
- Are video podcasts more your style? Subscribe to our YouTube channel!
- We’d love to hear from you! Send us a message on Instagram or Facebook.
- Do you want your next vacation to be in luxury? Book your exclusive retreat here.
Thanks for Listening!
Thanks so much for listening to our podcast! If you enjoyed this episode and think that others could benefit from listening, please share it using the social media buttons on this page.
Do you have some feedback or questions about this episode? Leave a comment in the section below!
Subscribe to the Podcast:
If you would like to get automatic updates of new podcast episodes, you can subscribe to the podcast on iTunes or Stitcher. You can also subscribe from the podcast app on your mobile device.
Leave Us an iTunes Review:
Ratings and reviews from our listeners are extremely valuable to us and greatly appreciated. They help our podcast rank higher on iTunes, which exposes our show to more awesome listeners like you. If you have a minute, please leave an honest review on iTunes.