*DISCLAIMER – This show is not a substitute for rehabilitation, medical treatment, or advice. Please talk to a health professional if alcohol consumption is a risk to your mental/physical health or others.
Are you struggling with your relationship with alcohol? Do you feel like you can’t control how much you drink, or that drinking has taken over your life? We’re joined by guest Mary Wagstaff to talk about her experience with alcoholism, how she overcame it, and the steps she took to become sober. She also shares her insights on how to create a life you love, even if you’re struggling with addiction.
If you want to learn more about how to break free from the cycle of addiction and start living your best life, we’ve brought back this popular episode for you.
Learn More About Mary:
Mary Wagstaff is a holistic alcohol coach for women. She is radicalizing what it means to live alcohol-free through the lens of Women’s empowerment for the aquarian age. Where not drinking becomes the obvious choice to seek long-lasting joy and gain more access to innate super powers of emotion, humanity, and divinity. She has been a student and teacher of the magical holistic and contemplative arts, resilience, and mindfulness for 22 years.
She ended an almost 20-year relationship with alcohol without rules, labels or ever making excuses. The framework used to dismantle alcohol is what has made her a better leader, Mother, and sacred ally to human injustices and underserved populations.
It is her mission to change the stigma and narrative around addiction and mental health as something that happens to the “other”. Rather, it is a human condition that will begin to change as the collective continues to evolve. Claiming our powers as magnetic creators and the human liberation model of embracing the depth of the emotional self, rather than shaming it. She is the host of the popular self-help podcast Stop Drinking & Start Living.
- 01:40 – Meet Mary and how her journey began
- 02:16 – The inspiration behind Mary’s podcast, Stop Drinking and Start Living
- 11:19 – Exploring and questioning your relationship with alcohol
- 18:12 – Does age affect how you feel about your relationship with alcohol?
- 32:48 – How to create a life you love, even if you’re struggling with addiction
- 22:54 – Surprising studies of women drinking alcohol in comparison to men
- 26:46 – The steps you can do to take control of your life and relationship with alcohol
- 40:34 – How you can connect with Mary
Resources Mentioned in This Episode:
- Learn more about Mary and her 1:1 coaching by visiting her website.
- Tune in to Mary’s podcast, Stop Drinking and Start Living, here.
- You can also connect with her on Instagram!
- Are video podcasts more your style? Subscribe to our YouTube channel!
- We’d love to hear from you! Send us a message on Instagram or Facebook.
- Do you want your next vacation to be in luxury? Book your exclusive retreat here.
Thanks for Listening!
Thanks so much for listening to our podcast! If you enjoyed this episode and think that others could benefit from listening, please share it using the social media buttons on this page.
Do you have some feedback or questions about this episode? Leave a comment in the section below!
Subscribe to the Podcast:
If you would like to get automatic updates of new podcast episodes, you can subscribe to the podcast on iTunes or Stitcher. You can also subscribe from the podcast app on your mobile device.
Leave Us an iTunes Review:
Ratings and reviews from our listeners are extremely valuable to us and greatly appreciated. They help our podcast rank higher on iTunes, which exposes our show to more awesome listeners like you. If you have a minute, please leave an honest review on iTunes.