A hot topic we’ve been asked to bring back is parenting adult children. In this episode, we talk about what it’s like to navigate the world of parenting now that our kids are grown. We share our personal stories, lessons we’ve learned, boundaries we’ve set, and tips you can start implementing today as you parent your adult children.
- 02:39 – Cristie and DeAnna’s favorite parts of parenting adult children
- 06:41 – Parenting your adult children if they’re single vs. married
- 07:42 – What to do when your kids create their own traditions without you/with their new families
- 10:27 – How to avoid giving unsolicited advice
- 14:10 – Navigating the shift from parenting teens to parenting adults
- 19:03 – Setting boundaries with parenting styles, when they move back home, etc.
- 25:42 – When your kids call you and need help
- 26:45 – Cristie and DeAnna’s #1 tip for parenting adult children
- 31:02 – Examples of some parenting fails
- 32:48 – What Cristie and DeAnna are most grateful for
Resources Mentioned in This Episode:
- Check out the Grit ‘n’ Grace Podcast!
- Are video podcasts more your style? Subscribe to our YouTube channel!
- We’d love to hear from you! Send us an email about your parenting adult children experiences or message us on Instagram or Facebook.
- Do you want your next vacation to be in luxury? Book your exclusive retreat here.
Thanks for Listening!
Thanks so much for listening to our podcast! If you enjoyed this episode and think that others could benefit from listening, please share it using the social media buttons on this page.
Do you have some feedback or questions about this episode? Leave a comment in the section below!
Subscribe to the Podcast:
If you would like to get automatic updates of new podcast episodes, you can subscribe to the podcast on iTunes or Stitcher. You can also subscribe from the podcast app on your mobile device.
Leave Us an iTunes Review:
Ratings and reviews from our listeners are extremely valuable to us and greatly appreciated. They help our podcast rank higher on iTunes, which exposes our show to more awesome listeners like you. If you have a minute, please leave an honest review on iTunes.