When a traumatic event happens, it can be difficult to know how to cope. In this episode, Cristie and Deanna sit down with guest Gabby Acord, a licensed clinical therapist, to explore what it means to be curious about your mental health. Gabby discusses how trauma can manifest in your life and the importance of connecting with yourself to begin the healing process.
Gabby also shares insights on how self-awareness and vulnerability are key to working through your traumas and what you can do to get started. So if you’re struggling with trauma, this episode is for you!
Learn More About Gabby:
Gabby Erekson Acord, (she/her/hers) is a Licensed Clinical Therapist, LCSW in Salt Lake and Davis County Utah. She is the owner of Mood Psychotherapy and Coaching in Salt Lake and Davis County Utah.
Mood therapists are focused on trauma-informed family and relationship dynamics and internal family systems SELF work.
Gabby is a researcher, writer, and advocate for safe relationships and families in high-demand cultures.
Online she can be found at www.moodptc.com, Gabby Erekson Acord on Facebook, and on Instagram at Gabbyacord.
- [01:15] – Introduction and background of Gabby
- [03:44] – Why people may be hesitant to try therapy
- [10:25] – How important relationship safety is and how it helps you to understand people’s behaviors
- [12:50] – Why having someone to talk to without an agenda helps you to connect with yourself and process more clearly
- [14:57] – Why therapy can be a beautiful gift
- [17:34] – Hyper-vigilance vs. self-awareness
- [26:59] – The danger of dismissing trauma
- [29:50] – The importance of self-awareness and understanding the dysfunctional patterns that are often exhibited in one’s life
- [31:44] – Why you shouldn’t make any big decisions when you’re feeling flooded
- [34:29] – The goal of opening your mind and heart to connect with yourself
Resources Mentioned in This Episode:
- Interested in working with Gabby? Check out her website here.
- You can also connect with her on Instagram and Facebook.
- Are video podcasts more your style? Subscribe to our YouTube channel!
- We’d love to hear from you! Send us a message on Instagram or Facebook.
- Do you want your next vacation to be in luxury? Book your exclusive retreat here.
Thanks for Listening!
Thanks so much for listening to our podcast! If you enjoyed this episode and think that others could benefit from listening, please share it using the social media buttons on this page.
Do you have some feedback or questions about this episode? Leave a comment in the section below!
Subscribe to the Podcast:
If you would like to get automatic updates of new podcast episodes, you can subscribe to the podcast on iTunes or Stitcher. You can also subscribe from the podcast app on your mobile device.
Leave Us an iTunes Review:
Ratings and reviews from our listeners are extremely valuable to us and greatly appreciated. They help our podcast rank higher on iTunes, which exposes our show to more awesome listeners like you. If you have a minute, please leave an honest review on iTunes.