In this episode, we talk with Laura Vanderkam about time management. We discuss the importance of logging your time, discovering where you spend most of your time, and the areas you can find more time for yourself. Laura shares the many opportunities available to you for being more productive as a result.
Learn More About Laura:
Laura Vanderkam is the author of several time management and productivity books, including Juliet’s School of Possibilities, Off the Clock, I Know How She Does It, What the Most Successful People Do Before Breakfast, and 168 Hours. Her work has appeared in publications including the New York Times, the Wall Street Journal, Fast Company, and Fortune. She is the host of the podcast Before Breakfast and the co-host, with Sarah Hart-Unger, of the podcast Best of Both Worlds. She lives outside Philadelphia with her husband and five children, and blogs at LauraVanderkam.com.
- [02:09] Meet Laura and learn more about she got started as a time management expert
- [03:31] 5 simple strategies to be more mindful of your time
- [10:12] Use this trick to help you change the narrative of “not having enough time”
- [13:20] The different areas of your life that are affected by too much social media usage
- [15:59] Has time management been affected by Covid-19?
- [20:53] 1st way you can start being more mindful of your schedule
- [23:03] The difference between a hobby vs. a commitment
- [28:16] The advice Laura would give her younger self
Resources Mentioned in This Episode:
- Learn more about Laura and her latest books by visiting her website.
- Connect with Laura on Instagram and Facebook or read her blogs here.
- Tune into Laura’s podcasts Before Breakfast and Best of Both Worlds.
- Other books mentioned in this episode: Atomic Habits and 7 Habits of Highly Effective People.
- We’d love to hear from you! Send us a message on Instagram or Facebook.
- Do you want your next vacation to be in luxury? Book your exclusive retreat here.
Thanks for Listening!
Thanks so much for listening to our podcast! If you enjoyed this episode and think that others could benefit from listening, please share it using the social media buttons on this page.
Do you have some feedback or questions about this episode? Leave a comment in the section below!
Subscribe to the Podcast:
If you would like to get automatic updates of new podcast episodes, you can subscribe to the podcast on iTunes or Stitcher. You can also subscribe from the podcast app on your mobile device.
Leave Us an iTunes Review:
Ratings and reviews from our listeners are extremely valuable to us and greatly appreciated. They help our podcast rank higher on iTunes, which exposes our show to more awesome listeners like you. If you have a minute, please leave an honest review on iTunes.