In this episode, we talk with fitness coach Jill Brown and discuss the science behind why the workouts we did in our 20s and 30s may not be working for us in our 40s, 50s, and 60s. She also shares some mindset strategies to build confidence around fitness and food and the benefits of intermittent fasting.
Learn More About Jill:
Jill is a physical transformation coach for bodies in their 40s to 60s and beyond. She helps people in midlife reclaim their fitness, energy and gain control over their relationship with food so they can live in a body they love to see in the mirror.
Her cutting-edge programs transform bodies, slow down aging, melt belly fat, reverse back pain and build unshakable mindsets around nutrition, fitness, and healthy living.
She developed the “Fit & Fierce Over 40 Transformation” system based on the latest science combining nutrition, fitness, and Intermittent Fasting to help you reach your goals in a sustainable way.
With 30 years of fitness coaching and 12+ years of nutrition, She specializes in:
- Functional Strength & Fitness
- Nutrition & Health Coaching for fat loss and reducing inflammation
- Mindset strategies to build confidence around fitness & food
- Intermittent Fasting protocols
- Group, private, and corporate coaching programs
She is also a former TV news anchor/reporter, HSN spokesperson & Huffington Post blogger with a love for media.
Throughout her career, she has had the honor to train a roster of Hollywood elite clientele and teach at L.A.’s most prestigious studios and fitness facilities. She has been featured in numerous magazines like In Fitness, Thrive Global online, Authority Magazine online as well as voted one of the top 100 female bloggers in wellness.
- [02:10] Meet Jill as she shares her background and how she got started as a fitness coach
- [08:34] The severe health condition that prompted Jill to focus on the 40 and beyond age group for fitness
- [11:34] Advice for women 40 and beyond if you want to live a longer and healthy life
- [13:47] What is HIIT or High-Intensity Interval Training?
- [15:15] The exercise programs that Jill coaches her clients on to build strength and endurance
- [18:20] What to do if you’re exercising but the results aren’t where you want them to be
- [19:19] Jill’s #1 secret to having toned arms
- [19:42] The benefits of HIIT training
- [20:17] What to do if you’re struggling to stay consistent when you exercise
- [21:46] 1st mindset trick if you’re struggling to start exercising
- [22:49] 2nd trick to get you motivated to exercise again
- [22:57] 3rd option to help you get back on the exercise grind
- [24:14] What is the mid-life triad? The science behind our hormones as we age
- [29:25] Why you shouldn’t wait until the New Year to start your exercising routine
- [34:01] How to get started with exercise if you have body aches and pains
- [40:08] Jill’s secret weapon to maintaining her health and wellness
Resources Mentioned in This Episode:
- Learn more about Jill and her fitness programs by visiting her website.
- Get your first class free with her Fit & Fierce Over 40 Live & On-Demand Workouts
- You can also find Jill on YouTube or you can connect with her on Instagram or Facebook.
- We’d love to hear from you! Send us a message on Instagram or Facebook.
Thanks for Listening!
Thanks so much for listening to our podcast! If you enjoyed this episode and think that others could benefit from listening, please share it using the social media buttons on this page.
Do you have some feedback or questions about this episode? Leave a comment in the section below!
Subscribe to the Podcast:
If you would like to get automatic updates of new podcast episodes, you can subscribe to the podcast on iTunes or Stitcher. You can also subscribe from the podcast app on your mobile device.
Leave Us an iTunes Review:
Ratings and reviews from our listeners are extremely valuable to us and greatly appreciated. They help our podcast rank higher on iTunes, which exposes our show to more awesome listeners like you. If you have a minute, please leave an honest review on iTunes.