In this episode, we talk with Sarah Foley as she shares her life-altering story after an ATV accident left her paralyzed from the waist down. We dive deep into how this traumatic event has opened her up and allowed her to become the person she was meant to be.
Learn More About Sarah:
Sarah Foley, also known as Vertical Blonde, is a keynote speaker, workshop facilitator, and soul-centered results coach. She runs Disability Icon Inclusive Fitness, designed to help female wheelchair users like herself increase their health and confidence. She’s on a mission to redefine what it looks like to live with a disability and loves empowering women of all abilities to view their circumstances and challenges with a Vertical Mindset.
Her incredible story of reinvention is featured in the recent best-selling book, Your Second Act by Patricia Heaton. Sarah has also been a guest on the Tony Robbins Podcast, the Resilient Minds Podcast, and many others.
- [02:20] How Sarah’s brand, Vertical Blonde, became what it is today
- [04:50] The traumatic accident that left Sarah paralyzed and in a wheelchair
- [12:05] The biggest realization that Sarah learned
- [13:03] Who Sarah credits for her recovery and healing
- [13:20] The pivotal moment in Sarah’s journey that led her to take back control of her life
- [16:15] How Sarah processed her grief and the moment she realized her new reality
- [16:49] The adverse effect of saying “you’re an inspiration” to someone with a disability
- [19:44] How Sarah re-built her independence despite her new challenges
- [21:29] Why it’s important to “name” your grief as you work through it
- [22:41] 2 big things that Sarah learned from her therapist
- [24:55] The defining moment that Sarah realized it was time to face her new reality
- [32:43] What Sarah is doing today and what she loves about her life today
- [36:23] What is Soul-Centered Coaching?
- [38:49] Where Sarah sees herself in the next 5 years and her goals for the future
- [44:00] Advice Sarah would give her 20-year-old self
Resources Mentioned in This Episode:
- Learn more about Sarah and her amazing journey on her website.
- You can also connect with Sarah on Instagram!
- We’d love to hear from you! Send us a message on Instagram or Facebook.
Thanks for Listening!
Thanks so much for listening to our podcast! If you enjoyed this episode and think that others could benefit from listening, please share it using the social media buttons on this page.
Do you have some feedback or questions about this episode? Leave a comment in the section below!
Subscribe to the Podcast:
If you would like to get automatic updates of new podcast episodes, you can subscribe to the podcast on iTunes or Stitcher. You can also subscribe from the podcast app on your mobile device.
Leave Us an iTunes Review:
Ratings and reviews from our listeners are extremely valuable to us and greatly appreciated. They help our podcast rank higher on iTunes, which exposes our show to more awesome listeners like you. If you have a minute, please leave an honest review on iTunes.