In this episode, we talk with Adolescent Psychologist and Family Success Coach, Dr. Cam, all about how to parent your teens. Dr. Cam shares so many amazing nuggets of info that anyone can use to help better understand their teens and raise them to be the best they can be.
Learn More About Dr. Cam:
Cameron (Dr. Cam) Caswell, PhD, the “teen translator,” is an adolescent psychologist, family success coach, host of the Parenting Teens with Dr. Cam podcast and Parenting Teens Power Hour, and is the author of Power Phrases for Parents: Teen Edition. For over a decade, she has been helping parents build strong, positive relationships with their teens through improved communication, connection, and understanding using her PRIME Parenting Framework. Dr. Cam is the mom of a teen too, so she not only talks the talk, she walks the walk!
- [03:00] The big issues with teens today
- [03:57] The #1 tip for parents raising teens
- [05:27] What parents can do today to better communicate with their teens
- [07:05] Why it’s important to not be reactionary when your teen shares something with you
- [08:13] #1 reason why teens don’t share difficult information with their parents
- [09:47] Why anxiety is at an all-time high among teenagers
- [12:37] How our role as parents builds confidence in our children and teens
- [13:23] Why parents shouldn’t put so much pressure on their teens for getting good grades
- [19:00] Why boosting our kids’ self-esteem via compliments isn’t always a good thing
- [25:06] Why therapy and coaching shouldn’t just be for the kids
- [28:53] The top 3 tips to be a better parent to your teen
- [31:07] How to set boundaries with your teen so either side does not cross the line
Resources Mentioned in This Episode:
- Learn more about Dr. Cam on her website and snag some of her free resources!
- Tune into her podcast – Parenting Teens with Dr. Cam.
- You can also connect with Dr. Cam on Instagram, Twitter, or Facebook!
- We’d love to hear from you! Send us a message on Instagram or Facebook.
Thanks for Listening!
Thanks so much for listening to our podcast! If you enjoyed this episode and think that others could benefit from listening, please share it using the social media buttons on this page.
Do you have some feedback or questions about this episode? Leave a comment in the section below!
Subscribe to the Podcast:
If you would like to get automatic updates of new podcast episodes, you can subscribe to the podcast on iTunes or Stitcher. You can also subscribe from the podcast app on your mobile device.
Leave Us an iTunes Review:
Ratings and reviews from our listeners are extremely valuable to us and greatly appreciated. They help our podcast rank higher on iTunes, which exposes our show to more awesome listeners like you. If you have a minute, please leave an honest review on iTunes.