This week is all about self-love. We’re re-sharing one of our most popular episodes on the topic. Megan Logan joins us as we talk about what it means to “love ourselves” because it’s not all bubble baths and manicures. You will learn how to embrace who you are, where you are, how to have more compassion for yourself, and some practical tips to help you start today.
Learn More About Megan:
Megan is the author of Self Love Workbook for Women she also has been providing therapy for the last 20 years, Megan Logan has worked with many different populations including abused children, sexual assault survivors, those struggling with eating disorders, and various mental health conditions. Helping others to heal through their challenges and adversities has given her wisdom and insight on how to become unstuck and move forward in life.
Megan has always enjoyed developing creative and unique activities and interventions in her child and adolescent therapy sessions. She has been a contributing therapist in Liana Lowenstein’s book Assessment and Treatment Activities for Children, Adolescents, and Families: Practitioners Share Their Most Effective Techniques (2010) and Assessment and Treatment Activities for Children, Adolescents, and Families VOLUME 3: Practitioners Share Their Most Effective Techniques by Liana Lowenstein (2011).
Megan has also contributed original creative therapeutic activities for PERCENSYS CORE Learning, LLC’s resource and toolkit for practitioners with a focus on children and trauma, children and divorce, healthy relationships, healthy choices, mindfulness, impulse control, mindful eating, body image, assertiveness, and emotional regulation.
- 02:20 – Who is Megan Logan?
- 04:18 – What is the difference between self-care vs. self-love?
- 10:05 – Social media, its evolution, and the effects on our youth
- 15:21 – The start of Megan’s self-love journey and what led her to create her Self-Love Workbook for Women
- 21:48 – 5-minute daily practice ideas to start your self-love journey today
- 24:04 – How to practice self-love when there’s not enough time in the day
- 26:11 – Why now is the perfect time to start
- 26:46 – Self-compassion vs. self-esteem
Resources Mentioned in This Episode:
- Learn more about Megan by visiting her website.
- You can also connect with Megan on Instagram!
- Grab a copy of her Self-Love Workbook for Women here.
- Episode 58 – Learning to Love Your Body Feat. Juliana Hauser
- Are video podcasts more your style? Subscribe to our YouTube channel!
- We’d love to hear from you! Send us a message on Instagram or Facebook.
- Do you want your next vacation to be in luxury? Book your exclusive retreat here.
Thanks for Listening!
Thanks so much for listening to our podcast! If you enjoyed this episode and think that others could benefit from listening, please share it using the social media buttons on this page.
Do you have some feedback or questions about this episode? Leave a comment in the section below!
Subscribe to the Podcast:
If you would like to get automatic updates of new podcast episodes, you can subscribe to the podcast on iTunes or Stitcher. You can also subscribe from the podcast app on your mobile device.
Leave Us an iTunes Review:
Ratings and reviews from our listeners are extremely valuable to us and greatly appreciated. They help our podcast rank higher on iTunes, which exposes our show to more awesome listeners like you. If you have a minute, please leave an honest review on iTunes.